TIBCO Enterprise Message Service ™ on TIBCO Cloud™ Messaging
- Quick Start Guides for TIBCO Enterprise Message Service
- Connecting to TIBCO Cloud Messaging
- Destination Properties Availability List
- Destination Property Limitations
- Unsupported Features
- Message Size Limit
Quick Start Guides for TIBCO Enterprise Message Service
The quick start guides are step by step instructions for getting TIBCO Enterprise Message Service clients connected to TIBCO Cloud™ Messaging:
Connecting to TIBCO Cloud Messaging
The client configuration file contains all the information client applications need to securely connect to TIBCO Cloud Messaging. Generate the client configuration file using the roles REST API or user interface. Generate as many configuration files as needed for each Role.
Note: TIBCO Cloud Messaging samples require a client configuration file to run.
Destination Properties Availability List
The following properties are available for the static destinations:
|expiration||Available with limitations|
|flow control||Available with limitations|
|max bytes||Available with limitations|
|sender name enforced||Available|
Destination Property Limitations
TIBCO Cloud Messaging enforces limitations on properties to conform to plan parameters.
|expiration||For all destinations, the value of the expiration must be less than or equal to the plan TTL. For the top-level wildcard (“>”), expiration must also be greater than 0.|
|flow control||For all destinations, the value of flow control must be between 0 and 3600 MB.|
|max bytes||For all destinations, the value of the max byte must be less than or equal to 4GB. For the top-level wildcard (“>”), max bytes must also be greater than 0.|
The following TIBCO Enterprise Message Service™ features are not supported:
- Direct use of the TIBCO Enterprise Message Service™ Admin API or tibemsadmin and EMSCA, including GEMS and RTView. Use the Admin REST API instead.
- Server configuration properties, along with those of stores, durables, and factories.
- Routes and transports.
- Unshared State Failover (UFO).
- Load-balancing (pipe-separated connection URL).
- Creation and modification of JNDI names.
- LDAP, customer-defined JAAS or JACI, and user groups. Use Roles instead.
- Only EMS clients 10.x and later are supported.
- Only TLS EMS connections are supported.
- TLS authentication of EMS clients is not supported. Only server authentication is supported.
|Service||TIBCO eFTL™||TIBCO FTL®||Apache Pulsar™||Apache Kafka®|
|TIBCO Enterprise Message Service™||No||No||No||No|
Message Size Limit
The message size limit for TIBCO Enterprise Message Service is 1MB.